Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Even more Cute...


And now the third in the series, a fairy with some Flutterby Kitty Cherubs, in a forest scene.  This was meant to be the 'Land' scene; I went with butterfly wings, reluctantly.  I thought of frogs, turtles, lizards, but they all looked too weird, or at least didn't quite fit the aesthetic I was going for.  I figured butterflies don't get too far off the ground...but I might try to keep working at it, and actually sit down and do sketches of those other animals, just to see what I come up with.

In the lower left, I did try a Kitty-corn - so you can see what I mean about it being a little 'off.'  I thought it was funny and interesting, but it seemed to complicate the simplicity I had in the other ones.

But the mer-kitty and winged kitty ideas seem to work...those other ideas kind of have a mad scientist vibe going, a Four-Assed Monkey type deal...if you know what I mean.

No comments: