Thursday, July 1, 2010

Bounty Hunters - Color Comp 03


A lot of time mixing the colors for Fett and Bossk; turns out not so much time needed with the rest of the guys, as they all have a metallic rust undertone to their outfits.

The washes worked out pretty well, I used a thinner mix for Boba's greens, but I mixed a little too heavy for the yellows of Bossk, and his scales got lost a little.  It was a good color base of yellow with some brown and orange added for his shirt, then I put in some green to do the skin, but I didn't add in enough water, so I'm gong to have to keep that in mind next time.

Dengar and Zuckuss shared mostly the same color, then I darkened it for 4-LOM and IG-88, and the rifles.  When I get to the big one, I'll probably diversify the colors a bit more, but this is so small, the spray would just cover the previous pass.

Anyways, I'm pretty happy with what I would call a 'base set' of colors to get started with.  Time to break out the pencils and get a base set going for those as well!

No comments: