Tuesday, December 6, 2011

"LOST" 01


Last year I posted some drawings I had done, that were meant to push my digital skills, and now I'm finally getting around to doing it.  Of course, doing all that Marvel stuff pushed this back a bit, but now I'm back at it.  This is actually a combination idea, I had posted the speeder, nicknamed the Land Shark, and a futuristic Marine as two separate ideas, but when it came time to do the illustration, it's become clear that I also, probably more than anything, need work on my backgrounds.  So I re-posed the marine, and redesigned the costume, and placed the speeder in the background of what will be a space scene.

I wanted to try to do one of those melancholy 1970's sci-fi paperback cover type pics, with the featured character lonely in the vastness of outer space.  So I made it literal, and gave him a little digital map readout to push the idea that he's flat out lost.

OK, long explanation for the thumbnail drawing above - so that's what I came up with.  And here is the tight drawing, that will go to digital paint...

No comments: