Monday, December 19, 2011
Space Marine 01
Remember this...from last January? Yep, that's another one of the 2011 resolution art type commitment whatever concepts I set up for myself to paint out, that I'm finally getting around to.
Ok, so here's the rough render, that was done probably months ago, I got really busy with work, and getting ready for BotCon, it kind of fell by the wayside, so this is where I left it, before reviving the folder and starting back again with the LOST image - don't worry, the Imperial Shuttles will not be in the background by the time we get to final.
This was also done before I had my minor revelation about form construction, where I was doing everything in a million pieces, like a movie Transformer, rather than approaching it like a car/suit design, creating the entire form first, adding the seam details and painting out from there, rather than creating a bunch of elements, and later trying to tie them together with the lighting. It's ridiculous to me when I think about it, since I do cars and vehicles all the time - it wasn't a new technique to me, but the years of movie bots, and the way create those had bled over into my other approaches, it took a some frustrating days to figure out what I was doing wrong. It was the Baroness armor that did the trick, from last spring.
Anyways, on to the new paintover...
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment