Tuesday, August 16, 2011

White Queen 01


So I've done a lot of boys for my Marvel submissions, but I haven't yet done a Lady of Marvel - I had this idea laying around, and I've been wanting to do something a little more graphic with the background, playing off the diamond motif of the White Queen.

So here's a series of head sketches to go with the figure, trying to find a properly snotty look for her Highness.


After finding something that I thought would work, I re-comped the elements for a re-draw of the image for final.  I really like PARTS of the the two latest costumes for the character, so I combined those elements, did the new drawing...


...with a few more costume tweaks.  Then I quickly did a color comp in photoshop, and got it ready for transfer to the painting surface.

No comments: