Friday, December 9, 2011

"LOST" 02


To force myself to not dive into the character vehicle design (the fun stuff to me) I started with the background, blocking out the main shapes, then going back in to do details, and then another pass with a variety of texture-type brushes, to give it a little life and energy.


Here I played with the contrast and elements a bit more, added atmosphere, and the planet in the distant background, amongst the starfield.


Well, maybe I cheated a little bit - I did do the line work for the foreground elements, just so I could have an accurate background relationship to the foreground.  I had blocked the character in a 50% gray, under the line art, to make the background decisions.  Then, after I was done with the background, I added tone to get the Spaceman and Land Shark ready for render...

No comments: