Wednesday, December 16, 2009

TF1 - Unlockable Galleries

When the game was nearing the end, Activision was looking for any way to create a more robust experience, and make all the little achievements worth the work, so I was asked to create TONS of gallery pages, encompassing all the new characters created for the movie, but some nods to G1 as well. I'll post some of the pages created for Starscream specifically, but I essentially created templates to place any character into...


This was the first pass at creating a template, using the metal theme I had worked up. TT knew that Activision wasn't happy with the current menu set they had, so while I was working on the metal theme, they had gone ahead and worked on it too, using the Energon Cube as the theme to build around. It looked pretty cool, and I was asked to redo some mockups using that theme. So this look was abandoned, and turned into...


...this! This is the final version, and how it appears in the game. Hasbro gave us the copy from the back of the toy boxes for the character descriptions. This is the XBOX 360 version...


....and this is the PS2 version, a smaller resolution.


I also got product shots to go with the character sets, again XBOX 360...


...and then the PS2 version.


They also wanted me to show a set of Evolution galleries, but there wasn't the same amount of art for every character, going from concept, to wireframe, to final model.


In many cases we had to use the game models, going from raw, to wireframe (which is pretty much the same thing!) to final. Not as cool as it could have been, but we just didn't have all the assets we needed.


Finally, the comic galleries. Eventually I had to go back and black out all the Marvel logos due to rights issues. In hindsight, I wish I made time to create a substitute logo, rather than the pretty lame blackout bar.

No comments: