Thursday, July 8, 2010

War for Cybertron - Prime vs Megs 02


Here's a work in progress of the pic...the problem with winging an abstract idea, trying to make it work causes some compositional problems.  Maybe I don't have Megatron turned towards Prime enough, Prime is traditionally smaller than Megatron, so does it read with the perspective and depth, and what can I do in the background to help fill out the gaps?

That's what this stage is.  Before all the effects and colors and finish, I take a look at it and see what I can do to tighten it up a bit.  I do have a weak composition, Prime is very vertical, and Megatron is much more horizontal, but I don't have a perspective that really helps that, so I need a band-aid in the background, in additional to maybe moving some stuff around.  Probably the easiest thing to do is bring Megs Mace over his forearm a bit, and maybe put a planet in the background behind him, to insinuate height, to balance against Prime.  In the foreground, I'm planning on them to be kicking up a lot of dust, so that's why the lack of detail on the ground and feet.

On to the final...

No comments: