Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Grinnin' Chewbacca #3

I'm a day early, but I didn't want to break up the next set of Transformers - 8/13 is the second anniversary of the Bad Flip Blog, and I've made it tradition to do a Chewbacca piece - because he is hard, and that was the very first post I made when starting this endeavor.


Here's the final, colored pencil and airbrush on a a watercolor block with a gesso wash underneath. He is still hard to draw, but since it's my third or fourth effort, I'm finally happy with the face, now I guess I need to work on the rest of him!


And since this is a work in progress blog, technically, I'll show some process. This wash is done with the diluted airbrush paint, with a bitchin' fan brush Mr. Che Lopez gave me while I was up in Washington - it's pretty great, and I already have more uses for it in mind.


And this is the base drawing, and for once I was really happy with my interpretation of ol' Chewie.

Happy #2 Bad Flip Blog!

3 comments:

Autoconempire said...

Keep up the awesome work, congratulations on the 2 year anniversary.

Anonymous said...

Happy 2nd year anniversary!!

Dennis Cornetta said...

WHAT A WOOKIE! Great stuff :D