Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Transformers : Continuum Cover Detail


Here's just a detailed view of the little story within the picture. I'm always a big fan of the 'Soundwave Unleashing' pose, I was happy to be able to work it in. With the close-up you can see how little detail is actually in Ravage and Laserbeak. At certain points there was a light trail from the cassette hatch leading to the tapes, and they were shooting at Ratchet and Prowl, but when I did test prints at comic size, it was tough to read, and added a lot of clutter that wasn't necessary to tell the story....OK, now that's really that for that!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

When the hell did Soundwave chase 80s altmodes Prowl and Ratchet at any point in IDW's fiction?

Did you even READ any IDW fiction before drawing this?
Because, jesus, this book is supposed to be a RECAP OF EVERYTHING THAT HAPPENED UP TILL NOW IN IDW'S TRANSFORMERS SERIES.

Eeeeesh. Some people.

Ken Christiansen said...

Yikes! Sorry to disappoint. I have read IDW TF comics, both G1 and movie, but certainly not all of them, so as far I knew, it wasn't out of the question to fight these Decepticons against those Autobots.

I was given a list of characters, and a request to have Spike portrayed like the AHM version. That's about it. I'm not the IDW editor, I'm not the IDW continuity supervisor, and I certainly don't get to tell IDW what I want to do.

I can only do what I'm asked to do, to the best of my ability, and if you think the art sucks, that's one thing, but I can't dictate how a company wants to represent, or move forward, with their license.